Looking for the next thing to build for SharePoint? Here's a quick list from notes over the years:
- Claims filter web part (2010)
- This would present a set of registered claims to be used in BI solutions (Excel Services, Report Services, Performance Point, etc)
- Velocity Sandbox Solution disable (2010) – as suggested by @sahilmalik
- When in an Sandbox environment, if one Sandbox Solution goes crazy based on X rate, you deactivate it
- Generic Sandbox Solution Validator – I BUILT THIS ONE ALREADY!
- Timer Job Disabler – I BUILT THIS ONE ALREADY!
- A feature that inserts a status message when the Site has not been used or is about to be deleted (2010)
- Column Updater for field names
- This tool would update all column names for a specific field type
across an entire farm in the event the name of the field changes.
- Custom event handler to call IFilters and then parse files for bad words (similar to ForeFront feature)
- Create email alias in active directory/exchange from the email settings page (if site collection admin)
- Copy file permissions to a document library from NTFS
- HttpModule to intercept and encrypt documents on "View"
- Wiki linking based on different word other than page name
- Extend web application policy permissions (override site collection level permissons)
- Find and replace web part instances and migrate audience settings tool
- Solution query tool (show what features are part of the solution wsp on central admin)
- Page to add Multiple columns at once for content types (especially page layouts)
Ok, you guys and gals get to work!