Got this question asked last week for the second time. What happens when you submit a document set to a record center? Can you even do it? Answers please! Here we go…
Can you submit a document set to a records center?
- Yes! it is not the typical "Send To->" menu in the drop down, but it does say "Send to another location", then you are presented your send to options. The directory is turned into a ZIP file and submitted! Jury is still out on if this is a good way to go or not.
What happens if the document set is versioned? Do the versions get submitted?
- No, only the latest version is submitted to the records center. However, when the record is submitted, if it has the same name as another "record" it will get a unique ID appended to the record's file name. This means that on top of every version that you submit and approve, you will also need to submit the record to the record center to keep track of its progress. It will not move automatically if you don't do this.
What will happen if you submit a document set with a document set?
- You can't put a document set inside another document set. At least, not with the UI anyway. NOTE: A document set is a folder, folders CAN contain folders and with some database magic you can make this occur.
Therefore, what happens when you have a document set with a folder and/or a zip file in it?
- Simiarly, you can't add folders to a document set! You can however add a zip file to the document set, this works simiarly to simply adding a zip to a zip. NOTE: The zipping code is calling .NET Packaging and that's why you get the extra items like "_rels" and "resources" in the file. I do a similar call in my course bulider tool
Can you rate a Document Set?
- No, just like folders, you cannot rate a document set
Can you rate documents in a Document Set?
- Yes, a document set is just like a folder and therefore any document inside of it can be rated.