ACS Blogs

A blog site for Architecting Connected Systems staff to tell the world about their exploits in
SharePoint 2007/2010/2013, Windows Workflow Foundation (3.0/4.0) and other great technologies!
Welcome to ACS Blogs Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
MSPress

CJG

Missing Server Side Dependencies - 8d6034c4-a416-e535-281a-6b714894e1aa

So what is this you ask?  Well, I did a little digging, I watched the Timer Job and the query it sent ( to the content database of the central admin site):

SELECT tp_WebPartTypeId, COUNT(1), tp_Assembly, tp_Class
FROM AllWebParts (NOLOCK)
WHERE tp_WebPartTypeId IS NOT NULL GROUP BY tp_WebPartTypeId, tp_Assembly, tp_Class

You get back a result set that has a null for the tp_Assembly column for the web part. What is this web part you ask, well it is the Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.WebControls.SearchTopologyView web part in the Microsoft.Office.Server.Search, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c assembly.

If you do a query to see where these 6 instance are:

select *
from AllWebParts
where tp_WebPartTypeId = '8D6034C4-A416-E535-281A-6B714894E1AA'

You will see that the web part exists on two pages:

• SearchAdministration.aspx
  • SearchFarmDashboard.aspx

Open those pages, notice...It DOES exist!

Now, here is the funny thing - rerun the queries.  As soon as you open those pages, the databsae gets updated and the error will go away.  Weird!!!

Enjoy!
Chris

Published Wednesday, December 9, 2009 3:54 AM by cjg

Comments

SPS 2010 - Christopher Quinn said:

December 30, 2009 6:03 PM

atl_runner said:

How were you able to resolve the URLs for the pages the web exists on? I am running into a similiar issue as the one you described but for different web parts and I was hoping the same trick you employed would work for me. I'm unsure how to determine what pages I would need to navigate to. I see a column called tp_PageURLID in the AllWebParts table but do not know what table this might join to so I could get a "friendly" page name that I could navigate to.

January 25, 2010 9:25 AM

pmgomes said:

This solution isn't working for me.

I've completed the SQL statement, and now it gives full information

SELECT Webs.FullUrl, Webs.Title, AllDocs.DirName, AllDocs.LeafName

FROM AllDocs, Sites, AllWebParts, Webs

WHERE Webs.Id = Sites.RootWebId AND AllDocs.Id = AllWebParts.tp_PageUrlID

AND Sites.Id = AllDocs.SiteId AND tp_WebPartTypeId IN (

SELECT DISTINCT tp_WebPartTypeId FROM AllWebParts (NOLOCK)

WHERE tp_WebPartTypeId IS NOT NULL AND tp_Assembly IS NULL)

Anyway, i've opened some of the pages that have tp_Assembly set to NULL, and after rerunning the query all stays the same.

March 4, 2010 3:23 AM

jc00kc said:

Will you please tell me how do you "Open those pages, notice...It DOES exist!".

I found pages under C:\Windows\Program Files\...

Thanks,

jc

July 22, 2010 2:55 PM

tokaushal1987 said:

@jc00kc

if you can't open that pages then and if you sql server access then go to your sql server and open the management studio and try to find out your database that is associate to central admin most probably it will (wss_content) and then open the dbo.allwebparts table and select edit top 200 rows and try to find out the '8D6034C4-A416-E535-281A-6B714894E1AA' in tp_id or something and just leave it open and then go back to your central admin and refresh you monitor page, the error should gone.. hope it works.

thanks.