I have done this the past two versions and every time I learn exactly what changed in the product. Gives me a ton of stuff to explore and blog about later! In this version, and as in the past two, there were some surprises that I will share here. Keep in mind, the build that was released still doesn't have a ton of stuff "wired" up in terms of backend code. Pretty ridiculous to see people touting "SharePoint 2016 training" based on a build that isn't even a Release Candidate (RC). It's total bull.
Some pre-reqs that the current code-base requires (and is not installed as part on the installer process):
Couple that show up that are installed\configured, yet still interesting:
Interesting things I noticed:
There were a few Dlls added to the codebase. These include (some are not verified and should be removed, but I only have so much time in the day):