Help! My Hybrid Search isn't working! What could it be?!?
- So you have successfully run the hybrid scripts here.
- You have ensured that the results are flowing to your Cloud Search Service Application via the Cloud SSA crawl logs.
- You go to do a search using your Azure AD cloud sync'd account and you get…nothing…what!??!
- You look things over and over again…maybe I didn't do this, maybe I didn't do that…no, it all looks good!
The possible cause:
- You didn't setup a User Profile Service Application (kinda rare I know)
- You view your "sync'd" site collection users profile and notice that the local "email address" does not match your cloud email address…doh!
- email@example.com vs firstname.lastname@example.org
- You change the values to match using the edit list item feature of the site users list
- You re-run the cloud ssa crawl
- Go back to the cloud search center…ta da…results! Just another reminded that UPNs have to match for the results to process and this value comes from the site collection users list when you have no UPS!
Hope this helps someone!
Other Helpful posts on a similar topic: